2.4
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I rent cars over 16 times in last 13 months in Orlando, from that I used to like SIXT Rent a Car and rent 7 times… and i can tell that was my LAST time ever!And i do recommend you NEVER, but NEVER rent at SIXT.

Since August 2016 i rent with them at Orlando International Airport and so far was like any other car rental… Had minor issues as any other car rental: - Cleanness issue (twice) - over charge in some small fee (once) I liked because of their top line car and “fair” rate… but don’t de fooled as i did… So, from last rents i got the same series in third part websites that use to give me the PFAR cars from SIXT that includes Mercedes and Volvo XC60 as you can see below: 05/20/2017 ICAR USWX2000 - TOYOT COROLLA SAL PET AUT - 2 DAYS 05/18/2017 PFAR US69X000 - VOLVO XC60 UTL PET AUT - 6 DAYS 05/12/2017 PFAR US69M000 - VOLVO XC60 UTL PET AUT - 16 DAYS 03/09/2017 LFAR US793000 - MB GLC300 UTL PET AUT - 6 DAYS 01/05/2017 LFAR US798000 - MB GLC300 UTL PET AUT - 7 DAYS 11/18/2016 LFAR USU9F000 - MB GLC300 UTL PET AUT - 4 DAYS I became SIXT Gold customer… but i can tell you… It means GOLD to them, not to you!!! Last Thursday (09-07-2017) i arrive at Miami International Airport for 18 days days trip and rent same category as usually (that goes to PFAR). I was going to Orlando for some meetings and going back from Miami at end of my trip to get my flight back home. When at counter, Sixt assistant said that my car wasn’t available due of Irma Hurricane (people didnt return cars) and that we need to do AN CHARGED UPGRADE to another car… I said, no, i want the car i rent (that wasn’t cheap btw), but decide to check how much would be… She said… $14.00/Day.

I heard the side counter saying the same to another customer!! I also hear from other counters that they was empty of cars! WAIT… you don’t have my car that i made RESERVATION, you will charge Me for that and you will also CHARGE your other customer for extra days or DELAY right? Yes..

is how they work… So, since i was going to ORLANDO, we were tired due of our trip and try to run from Irma Hurricane… i decided to UPGRADE (yes.. $14/day…) for 6 days (till 12th September) instead of 18 days…and i ask to return in ORLANDO - MCO since i was going to be there. She said ok. After we arrive at SIXT Garage… she gave US..

VOLVO XC60!!!! And garage was FULL OF CARS!!! i took some pictures. They had SUV, Mid SUV, Mercedes, sport car and so on… I am sure that was RESERVED CAR!!

But of course, mine wasn’t reserved!! So, in MIAMI they FORCE you and whoever made reservation to UPGRADE and make extra money on you… And they use IRMA Hurricane as excuse!! I got really upset on that!! but since we need to move north… i decide to solve that in Orlando (Safety first).

So, we go towards Orlando.. when in traffic i decide to check my contract… and guess what? She didnt put Orlando as drop off in my reservation!! So, on 8th September i decided to go to Sixt near by MCO Airport before hurricane arrives to return my car.

talk to the manager (Reginald), explain to him the situation… and guess what? If you gonna return the car here in Orlando… we charge $500.00 !!!! I paid for 2 DAYS almost 700 USD!! But i PAID… Because i never more want to hear from SIXT anymore!

I don’t recommend nobody rent from them anymore. They charge and don’t care if you are right or not.

I rent before from Alamo, Nation, Fox, Ez-Car… when they don’t have your car available, they upgrade to you WITHOUT CHARGE YOU… In a country that in an emergency situation as Irma Hurricane: - Toll are free - Flat flight ticket $98 to you leave dangerous sone - Shelters are there to you get over Hurricane… AT SIXT they are opportunist!!In emergency situation: - LIE TO YOU - FORCE YOU UPGRADE - CHARGE FOR “FAKE” UPGRADE - CHARGE FOR HER COUNTER GIRL MISTAKE - $500 DROP OFF IN ANOTHER STORE.

Review about: Sixt Volvo Car Rental.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Cars models.

I didn't like: Lies they told me, I dont trust the employees, Lied about special deal then charged exorbitant fees, Dishonesty.

Had an Experience with Sixt?

Comments