Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

BEWARE!! This company will RIP YOU OFF!! They will up-charge you for everything and do it with a nice little F-YOU smirk on their faces, knowing that they have you over the barrel because you’re in a foreign country and you desperately need a car!

We arrived at the Sixt rental booth in the Dublin Airport after pre-booking and prepaying through a travel agent. The Sixt agent refused to recognize the insurance paid by our credit card - to get the car, we would need to pay an extra 450 Euros for insurance (even though we produced a letter from Visa stating that they cover international rental insurance).

We had pre-booked for 2 drivers, which were to be included in the pre-paid price – they up-charged us on the second driver to the tune of 150 Euros.

To add insult to financial injury, they were 7 hours late getting our car ready, so we were stuck in the airport for most of the first day of our vacation.

On the second day of our vacation, we took a detour to the head office to try to plead our case, but the F-YOU smirk had obviously come straight from the top. A few days later I sent an email to the online customer service contact. There was, of course, no phone number, and just to send this email, I had to go through an online procedure which included completing a comprehensive customer profile, confirmation emails and registration numbers, etc. etc. etc.

Dealing with Sixt was the absolute worst vacation experience I have ever had costing us over $1,000 Canadian in up-charges that we were in no position to avoid. Be forewarned: if you use this company after reading this story, remember the problems you encounter could have been avoided.

Interestingly enough, when I went to post this review, I noticed that the company has a 1.2 / 10 rating (based on 563 reviews) on the first site on the Google search.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Upcharges after pre-payment and pre-booking.

Comments

I had the same problem with Sixt at Dublin airport. I rented a car for 5 days for 34.36 EUR and paid 228.04 EUR.

Nobody assist you to the car and when you return the car nobody came to receive the car. What happened. I returned the car at 9:14 am after that I got a invoice in which is said that I returned the car at 13:11 and I was charged with one more day . I don't know what kind of tricks they are playing.

On my rental agreement was written : mileage 21888 km, but I did a picture and mileage was 24020 km. When I return the car on the invoice was written 24148 but the real mileage was 25148. Maybe somebody is using the car for his private busyness.

Now I am going to dispute the charges with my credit card. Never ever use this company.