1 Old Bayshore Hwy, Millbrae, CA 94030, USA
1.3

I got taken by Sixt too! Below is an excerpt of an email I sent to Sixt, which part of my experience with this poorly run company.

To Whom it May Concern: I am sending this email to you, as it is details in part the truly disappointing and unprofessional service I received from your company. To give a little history: I prepaid for a car with my MasterCard debit card. Funds were collected by your company. I went to pick up the car and was told I could not rent it as I presented my MasterCard debit card (still backed by MasterCard).

I was told I could only rent a Toyota Yaris for my coworker and I. I asked to see the car and was told none were on site and the counter person did not know when/if one would be coming in. I asked to cancel my reservation and was told to call the 1800 number. Called it and was referred to the website.

Guess what? The website referred me to the 1800 number, and I was stuck in a phone tree ***. In the end, I was told there would be NO refund (not even partial) for a rental I never used. To add insult to injury, I found your staff, both at the counter and on-line to be rude and dismissive.

I have contacted Kayak as well (the rental was made through them) because someone from your company blamed them for my bad experience. I hope you will pass this email along in an attempt to improve your customer service and business practice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Sixt Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments