1.5
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I had many times in the past a rental car from Sixt in Munich/Airport and never had a problem. This time, when I returned the car, the person had a bright LED lamp and was carefully going around the car to find any little scratch that was not listed in the contract.

I think there is absolutely no car that would not have a tiny scratch from sand, moskitos, etc already after a few miles when it is brandnew. FInally he found a tiny scratch (complete invisible with the lighting in the parking garage where I picked up the car) and told that he needs to report this "damage". I have to say, that I did not purchase the "scratch/windshield" extra insurance in addition to the regular insurance, which is what obviously triggered the thofough inspection upon my return.

The trick that Sixt now uses to rip you off is that they retroactively charge you this insurance to have you covered, since they understand that a certified expert when asked to assess the "damage" will not support that this is an insurance case at all. To me it means, that I will never rent from Sixt again and I suggest that others will do the same.

Review about: Sixt Car Rental.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Being charged for an insignificant scratch we did not cause, Cheated with the product.

Comments