2.7
Additional Fees
Additional Services

I had booked and paid in advance for a 4-day rent of a small car (Opel Corsa or similar) from Sixt Rent a Car (from June 6 to June 10), at Liubliana Airport, Slovenia. I was supposed to pick the car up at 21:30h at the Sixt Office, whose office hours go from 8:00h until 22:00h.

However, my flight had a delay and I could get to the Sixt only around 22:40h. The Office was naturally closed, but I tried to contact some member from the Staff by the phone informed on the Office door. Nobody answered the call. Then I decided to go to the Hotel with my wife and my daughter, under heavy rain, paying 60 Euros for a taxi ride.

In the following morning, again I got a taxi to come back to the Sixt Office. There I was informed that I had lost my reservation and I had to pay for another car. I got upset, but I decided to get a Renault Clio paying an additional 142 Euros (42 Euros was the fuel fee). The Sixt Office of the Liubliana Airport did not sent me an invoice and decided to charge me more than 200 Euros for this additional fee.

That means that a 4-day rent of a small car, Renault Clio, costed me more than 300 Euros for 4-day rental. It is a ripoff.

That is the great policy of a German company: If something goes wrong, the fault is always with the consumer. "it wasn´t my fault!".

Review about: Sixt Renault Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Unfair cancellation policy.

Comments