Update by user Jun 29, 2017

Forgot to add that my father was a longtime, card carrying Sixt Member. A lot of good that did us...

Original review posted by user Jun 29, 2017

Sixt stranded me and my 65yr old father in Central Denmark then soaked us for 10 times the amount we originally agreed to when we made the reservation three months earlier. Our flight from Frankfurt to Billund, Denmark was delayed so we contacted them online to push pickup from 1pm to 5pm.

When we landed, they said our reservation was cancelled when we didn't show at 1p. After an hour of discussion with the rep, they gave us a van but made us return it to swap for a car the next afternoon. We drove an hour to our B&B, then had to kill time the next day while waiting for a car instead of heading up the coast to our next destination. And instead of honoring the original fee of $67, they soaked us for over $600.

Not many options in the area, and they knew it. They wasted one day of our seven day pilgrimage to our ancestral homeland (which we had been planning for years) and offered nothing in return once we returned to the States and contacted Sixt customer service. I'm beyond disgusted and will make sure I share my story with anyone who will listen.

Avoid Sixt at all costs. I still cannot believe they blew off our complaint...

Review about: Sixt Car Rental.

I didn't like: Lack of complaint resolution.

Comments