Alameda das Com. Portuguesas, 1700-111 Lisboa, Portugal
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I am reaching out as I have been unable to work with Sixt to issue me the rightfully due refund I am owed of $810.72. This total is made up of (#) issues from reservations made for the dates of May 19, 2018 - May 26, 2018 in Portugal. The detail of the refunds are below.

I pre-booked a rental car for a trip to Portugal. We were making multiple stops so I rented two cars from Sixt. I made the reservations online on April 17, 2018. I reserved two cars with my MASTERCARD debit card. One reservation was for Madeira for the dates May 19, 2018 - May 22, 2018, the second was rented from Lisbon Airport for the duration of May 22, 2018 - May 26, 2018. I was charged four charges on April 17, 2018, one charge was $278.72 which represented the fee for the Madeira rental. I was then charged $326.79 on 17/04/2018 for the car I reserved in Lisbon. (I believe the other two charges $13.07 and $11.15 were international service fees).

When I arrived at Madeira’s Cristiano Ronaldo Airport in Funchal on May 19, 2018, I was told that while there was record of my reservation that the charge could not be reserved on a debit card and I would be required to pay with a credit card. The representative (NAME of rep if possible) assured me that the company would credit my debit card for the charge after I paid with my credit card. As this was a company representative at the airport telling me I had no other option to pick up my rental car, I obliged. I have still not received the refund that I am owed from this transaction in the amount of $278.72. Instead, the company charged my credit card $274.75 and $8.24 on May 19, 2018. I have contacted Sixt customer service multiple times, been hung up on, spoke with managers and supervisors to no avail. I was charged twice for one rental car in Maderia and am owed a refund for the duplicate error in the amount of $278.72.

When I arrived in Lisbon, the representative also processed my reservation using the debit card I used to make the reservation and did NOT require a credit as he counterpart in Madeira did. On May 29, 2018, my card was charged $497.00 for a rental in Lisbon. This is a random charge that should be refunded as I already paid the $326.79 for this rental when I placed the reservation in April. I received an emailed invoice that lists THREE cars (Volkswagen Tiguan, Mercedes GLA, BMW Series 1). We used/rented and drove the Volkswagen Tiguan. The charges for the Mercedes and BMW are an error and are fraudulent and should refunded immediately.

While making multiple attempts to call the company and have this resolved, being hung up on, being told someone would look into my inquiry and call me back and not receiving any such outreach, I was charged AGAIN by Sixt in the amount of $33.19 on June 19, 2018. I was emailed an invoice listing the THREE different cars listed as being rented on the same day again. Obviously I did not rent three cars so this is an error and a fraudulent charge and should be refunded immediately.

In part, I am due a refund for the erroneous charges in the amounts of $278.72, $497.00 and $35.00. Companies sometimes make errors and should make every effort to correct them. I believe Sixt employees actively engage in spreading misinformation and fraudulent practices of the customer who have the misfortune of doing business with them.

I appreciate your prompt attention to this serious abuse of customers and careless, fraudulent use of their credit card information.

Review about: Sixt Car Rental.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments